Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Michelle's Response to Erin Brockivich and Dr. Stockmann


Both of these individuals posses strong personalities and strive to be the best they can be. Erin Brockavich is a determined individual and uses her resources wisely as does Dr. Stockmann. They are both similar in that they have to deal with a lot of conflict and have overcome some issues that affect their surroundings. Both are selfless individuals striving to achieve what is considered ‘impossible’ but they try and succeed with a few bumps in the road.
A difference is that Erin is a single mother fighting for her family and their well being while Dr. Stockmann is fighting for his society.

5 comments:

  1. I really liked your picture! Your post was good, although do you think Erin B. worked for the improvement of society as well, by trying to facilitate justice? In the end I agree with most of what you said!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your post and your comparison. I would suggest using a small picture because I felt as though it took up a lot of your post. And maybe elaborating more, your response seemed short. However, you managed to do a good comparison. I liked how you said both individuals were selfless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle,
    I loved the picture you chose for this blog post. It demonstrates how Dr. Stockmann was pulled in many directions throughout the story. I think you could have elaborated more on Erin vs. Dr. Stockmann in this post. Such an interesting read though. I can tell you did your research! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle,
    It is nice to have someone post something other than answering question 2!! Great picture, great analysis in comparing the two, but I did feel that you needed more support from the text. Just keep that in mind next time. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete