Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Cedric Cummings Blog Post


Analyze Dr. Stockmann's motivation in revealing the truth about the polluted springs. Selfish or unselfish motives? Explain.

In this particular situation I would have to that Dr. Stockmann has both selfish and unselfish motives. He loves to be the head honcho and center of attention. He loves to be loved by others, and revealing this pollution problem will put him back in good graces with the town. On the unselfish hand, he would be saving his town from a lot of health issues. The lives of people are more important than the money it will cost the town to fix the problem.

3 comments:

  1. First off I love your picture and the saying "the truth could be toxic." Secondly, I completely agree with what you wrote. Dr. Stockmann does like to be center of attention but I think he did want to help people. However I don't think your response met the 100 word requirement so you might want to check on that. But overall you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with your last sentence and I actually stated something similar in my post. Your post was a little bit short but still insightful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cedric,
    Good points, but I felt you could have put a little more effort into your post. Yes you analyzed his motivations correctly but use support from the text to prove what you are saying it in fact true.

    ReplyDelete