Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Sean: Enemy of the People question


I think that Dr. Stockmann's motives for revealing the truth about the polluted water was completely unselfish. I think that as a doctor it is his job to keep people healthy and not let people get sick. The town was becoming ill because of the pollution problem so he stopped it. I also think he did it because his family was apart of the town. I think that he was looking about for his family. The only way the problem could have been fixed is revealing to the public and that is what he did when he went to the newspapers with it. If anyone was being selfish i think it was Peter Stockmann by not telling people about the polluted springs. He was too worried about his reputation and what people would think about him if they found out what was going on in the town. I think it will be alot worse when people find out that Peter, the mayor of the town, was hiding this information from his citizens.

1 comment:

  1. Sean,
    Great post, great use of support, and I enjoyed how you mentioned that he could have gone about things a little differently. I do believe his actions lead to the awful reactions of the community. I do think there were more issues then just that one that you mentioned. On the other hand that just might be your take on the situation. Great job keep it up!

    ReplyDelete