Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Joseph Thoughts at Midterm. :)


1. 3 important concepts you learned so far in the course

  • Theme is one of the most important concepts I have learned in this course so far. Theme gives the reader or the writer the idea in which a story is based on. The concept helped me write and understand pieces of literature with more ease.
  • Story line concept is another important concept I have learned in this course. The whole lesson of the story line concept with the rising climax and decline made me look at any conflict or story with a different view point. It helped me breakdown stories to their raw materials.
  • Character analysis. was a very important in my study of literature. I broke down specific characters with this concept. Made me think of the character more in depth and it gave the character more substance when i saw the characters individually.

2. 3 activities you did that you either liked or didn't like and explain why

  • The activity that I liked best was when we made poetry through the newspaper. It was really fun and i also had a lot of fun. It made me think creatively and in the end the poem was actually quite good.
  • I really enjoyed the poems we made in class with partners. I thought everyone's poem was awesome. I had a lot of fun and it made me think creatively and let my imagination flow.
  • One activity that really stood out was wordles. I think they are really fun and after you create them and actually look at them they can give you a whole other look on what you wrote just by the way the words are placed on the wordle.

3. 3 sentences that represent how you felt about what you learned and what you did in class

  • I really enjoy class time because there is never a time to get bored, its always exciting and the activities are always different.
  • Its nice to see everyone in person after you see who they are through their written work online.
  • This class keeps me on my toes and get me actively learning, I feel that I'm learning a lot from this class and I feel that it will better me in life.

2 comments:

  1. I loved your comment about active learning, Joe. Liked how you figured out how to change the font color, too. Perhaps you should go back in and bold your first paragraph. Go to New Post and then Edit Post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the wordles are pretty interesting and it is nice to look at how all the words create a piece of art and is very descriptive. I also like how you said that the class keeps you on your toes and I have to totally agree with you on this. I don’t think we have had a boring class yet and I'm excited to see what we have to do in the future.

    ReplyDelete