Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Mason's Thoughts at Midterm

Wordle: Wordle

www.wordle.net

Important concepts that I learned:

1: I learned how to analyze a character.

2: I learned that not all poems are written in flowery language, and that some tell stories instead of just portraying emotions.

3: I learned that plot is not always chronological; it can start anywhere, end anywhere, and go any which way while traveling in between.

Activities I liked/did not like:

1: I really like the wordles that we did. They are a fun way to explore literature, and are unique for every person.

2: I liked how we worked in teams to write a poem. At first I thought that it would not work out, since everybody thinks and feels differently, and poems are based on what we think and feel. In the end though, the poems all came out great.

3: I did not like writing our first paper, but that dislike is based more on my dislike of writing essays that on the topic of the paper. The topics that we had to choose from were good, and I found that writing the paper helped me better understand how to analyze a character. I just do not like to write essays for some reason.

Sentences that represent how I felt about what I learned:

1: I feel that I can better understand what I read now.

2: I feel that I can look at poetry in different ways and enjoy the different aspects of a poem.

3: I feel that I have a better grasp on literature in its many forms.

4 comments:

  1. Mason,I agree with the many things you learned from the course so far. Poetry and wordles are only a small part of the new concepts I have learned along with you and many of my classmates. Great post... right to the point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Mason, I totally agree with your comment about grasping literature better in its many different forms.

    I feel like I definitely have been able to grasp the different ways literature can be read/watched/and heard.

    By the way, did you get my emails about our project?

    All in all, great post, I enjoyed your Wordle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely liked working on poetry in groups. It was like being in a melting pot of ideas, and although it wouldn't seem like it would be effective, certainly was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Mike's comment about a melting pot of ideas though I would prefer the salad bowl concept where we all bring different ideas to the table and together we create a great mix...each with a different flavor and taste. I would like to think of myself as a 'tomato'....lol

    ReplyDelete