Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Amy-Thoughts at Midterm

Three important concepts that I have learned so far in the class would be that free writing really helps your writing overall. Doing the journal entries helps get your mind thinking and helps you express in words all that you are feeling or can relate to. Writing poems can be a lot more challenging than you think considering that there are many different types of poems out there. Last the importance of the 5 c’s that is basically the grading guideline in how are papers are graded.
One activity I really enjoyed doing was the in class newspaper poem we did. I love doing arts and crafts and being given to color and cut stuff out to create a poem really amazed me. I have never really thought that you could do that and create something so unique and different by just picking out some words from an article.
Another activity that I enjoyed was getting together with a partner and creating a poem. It definitely opened my eyes and helped me realize that there are many different poems out there. I thought having to write a poem in a certain amount of time was difficult but it got my mind to think outside the box.
Writing the journal entries has been my favorite activity that we have done so far. I have never found myself a creative person but when we write the journal entries I feel that I am not being judged by what I say or if I miss spell something. I feel free to say whatever I want and sometimes I need that especially if I am having a bad day and need to release some stress.
This class overall has helped me really look at writing in a whole new level and has helped me understand that there is more to writing than just words. When I look back on what I have done so far the thing that pops in my head would be journal entries and discussion forms. I feel that this class has been very creative and has used a new an inventive approach to getting students to appreciate writing.

2 comments:

  1. I like your comment about there is more to writing than the words. Visual rhetoric is powerful...as they say, "A picture is worth a thousand words."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with the newspaper assignment we did in class, that was really cool. It taught us how to write something ourselves, with someone else's words.
    I also very much agree with how much this class has taught us different approaches to literature. :)

    ReplyDelete