Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Erica Blog Post 1


2. Analyze Dr. Stockmann's motivation in revealing the truth about the polluted springs. Selfish or unselfish motives? Explain.
- In the beginning of this story, I believe that when Dr. Stockmann received the information about the springs, he kept it a secret because he did not want the town to worry. Although he had very important information that needed to be heard, I feel that it was very smart of him to not shout it out when he really didn’t know what was going on with the water until he ran some tests so he was able to see what exactly was going on. Although many got upset with him for keeping this secret, I think he did the right thing. He could have gone the total opposite way and ran with this information in hopes of becoming the talk to the town. But he kept it to himself for the time being until he felt it was the right time to let everyone know.


Work Cited

East African Educational Publishers Ltd. Web. 14 Oct. 2009. .

4 comments:

  1. Erica,
    I agree with you on how Dr. stockman tried to do the right thing with the information he gathered. I felt that one of his intentions was not that he didn’t want to worry the town but instead he wanted to alert them of the dangers of the springs. I do agree that he could of gone the other way and made things worse for society because everyone would have gotten sick from not knowing the springs were contaminated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the impression he waited to disclose his hypothesis until he was sure it could be suppported by data. I also agree that it was better to reveal the information once he knew it was true. I am a little confused about your position. Do you think he is being selfish by waiting to reveal the truth and then becoming the talk of the town? Overall, I think your post was good and I really liked your picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your response totally. You readlly did a great job. I believe you could have used more book references throughout the post. Overall, great job and graphic, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erica,
    Nice job on your post. I was a little apprehensive to believe your claims because there wasn’t a whole lot of support from the text. I do agree that Dr. Stockmann could have taken a different approach in handling the situation. do you think maybe that is what lead to the “selfishness” of his actions?

    ReplyDelete