Thursday, October 29, 2009

Sam. E Blog 3 Scuba Lessons





3. In Scuba Lessons, there was evidence that Kelly and Dan had previously dated. What evidence from the play makes you think that they will or will not make it in this budding relationship.


The scuba lessons play made me think that they hadn’t dated, but that they had a fling. I do not think that Dan and Kelly have ever been in a serious relationship. I feel as though they were always just really good friends that had secret feelings for each other. I think if they were to be in a relationship, it would work because they would put away their problems. I think the only reason they fight is because they aren’t dating and want to be. When Kelly accidently admits that she follows the Yankees scores, it became obvious that she wanted to be Dan’s girlfriend. Even if she didn’t like baseball, she taught herself to, to make him happy.

7 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your post. I agree that maybe it wasn’t that they have dated before but more of they just had a fling with feelings that they hadn’t explored yet. I thought the example of when she admitted to following his team was good evidence that she is obviously interested in not just him but his likes. Great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also think that they were probably friends in the past and not a couple. It really does seem like they argue and whatnot because of repressed feelings. The word count could have been a bit higher, but you still got your view across nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with what you said. Even though we were following Kelly's thoughts, you could tell that she really wanted to be with him and it was kind of that defense technique that puts him down every time she can, but really she's in love with him. Good job =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sam,
    I really liked your insights! I think you could have been more descriptive, but overall, your post was short & sweet!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your post. I liked your overall analysis of the situation and how Kelly acted toward Dave. I especially liked what you said about Kelly teaching herself about baseball just impress him. Your post was short and to the point :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also really liked your post. I liked how you were able to notice certain things and point them out. Great post, yuo got right to the point!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved how you thought outside of the dated/not dated box and came up with the fling. I think it is definitely a possibility! Make sure you remember to capitalize and italicize when needed. Great job!

    ReplyDelete