Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Erica: Lit. Reflections




Three Concepts:
1. Considering Characterization Presentation
2. Identify Theme Features and the various types that can be used when writing a story
3. Intro to Poetry (read and write a ballad). Learning the various types of poetry and the structure of each individual piece.

Three Activities:
1. The first activity I enjoyed doing was the Journal Entries. I think is was a great way to free write what we had just seen, whether it be a youtube clip that we watched or a discussion that we had in class.
2. The second activity was the wordle. I had never even heard of wordle before and this was my first class that asked for me to make one. I thought this activity was a great way to be creative without using the form of writing.
3. The third activity was ballad writing. I myself am not a great poet, so when it came down have to think and formally structure a ballad that made sense to read, it was difficult at first but I finally was able to create one.




This class has really opened my eyes to all the different types of literature that are out there being used. I am glad I now the ability to put to use the various structures of poetry or creative writing. First coming into this class my writings weren't very strong, but after a few weeks of practicing my structure and various use of format has gotten a lot better!



Work Cited
"Strong Photography." Strong Photography. Web. 6 Oct. 2009. .
Web. 6 Oct. 2009. .

2 comments:

  1. I love your visuals and get a clear idea from them your love of our journal writing in the beginning of class and your fascination with Wordles. I'm glad I hooked you on the first day of class. Youse 'da best, Erica.

    SBS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also liked your visual it gives a clear picture of which activities you liked the most. I also liked what you had to say about the way you felt because it shows how you have grown in your writing skills through this class.

    ReplyDelete