Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Talia's Blog Post 4


Good evening. It's that time again for 5 Minutes of Horror, the radio show that will chill your soul and rattle your minds. Sit back and don't relax.

MUSIC: EERIE THEME

ANNOUNCER: THEY CAME BY NIGHT! Designed to free you from the four walls of today for five minutes of HORROR!

MUSIC: "MIDNIGHT AT THE TOP OF THE STAIRS" ...

ANNOUNCER: You are standing in inky blackness - looking up a long flight of stairs, at the top of which lurks something unbelievably evil. Out of the moving shadows behind you, coming closer to you, is the shadowy figure of something that could only come from - a nightmare.

MUSIC: OUT

ANNOUNCER: Listen now as 5 MINUTES OF HORROR brings you Talia's terrifying story, "They Came By Night"!

MUSIC: Shrill violins (lasts only a few seconds)

Sound: Thunder and sharp lightning

Announcer: Dante and his wife Georgia have just arrived home on a stormy evening. They have been out with friends at an engagement party and have had a little too much champagne. They are so happy to be home safely.

(Sound: Announcer’s deep evil laugh.) After they enter the house, the electricity suddenly goes out. (Sound: shrill violins) Dante goes straight to the dining room table to fetch the candles there.

Sound: Clink of coffee cups, rustle of newspapers

Dante: Dear, where are the matches?

Georgia: They’re in the drawer next to the oven. Did you find them?

Dante: (With sighs of frustration) No Dear!

Georgia: I’ll be right there.

(As she walks toward the kitchen, she trips on the leg of a chair Sound: shrill violins) Aww! My goodness, Dante! I’ve hurt my ankle!

Announcer: Dante shuffles to her side. He has found the matches and has lit a candle.

Dante: Dear, let me help you up!

Georgia: (Frustrated) I’m fine! Let me have that candle so I can change out of these wet clothes.

Dante: Would you like me to help you?

Georgia: No, I’ll be fine. I just need to get out of this dress. I’m going upstairs.

Announcer: The house is the darkest she has ever seen it. Every time the thunder strikes, she can’t help but look up to the roof, checking to see if it is falling. She misses half of the step in front of her but catches her fall on the railing.

Georgia: Whew! I’m glad I caught myself!

Sound: “Jaws” theme- bass or cello

Georgia: Ok I made it!

Sound: she starts to hum a light ditty

Announcer: She reaches the top and starts to turn the corner.

Sound: Breaking glass. Georgia screaming.

Announcer: Suddenly a burst of wind comes and knocks Georgia back. The candle falls to the floor and goes out.

Georgia: Oh no! A window must have broken! Dante!!

Sound: A tree branch tapping at the side of the house and howling wind. The sound changes to high-heeled footsteps. They become louder.

Georgia: Hello? Is anyone there? Dante?

Woman’s Voice: It is not Dante, Dear!

Sound: Woman’s shrill laughter

Sound: Jaws theme and shrill violins

Announcer: Georgia turns around and begins to run down the stairs. She is holding her dress in one hand and the railing in the other. Her heels get caught in the dress and she starts to panic.

Georgia: Please. Please no. No. No!

Woman’s Voice: No need to hurry Dear, I’m right here.

Georgia feels the woman’s cold hand on her shoulder.

Sound: Georgia screaming

Georgia: No! Please! NO!

Sound: Loudest shrill violins

Silence.

Picture:http://www.freewebs.com/jaybirdistheword/dead%20hand.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, great story Talia. I honestly did not want to stop reading your scenario. The way you described the setting and the sounds coming from outside, it all related very well with each other. You kept the situation suspenseful which was the whole purpose to the assignment and you did very well with that as well. Great job overall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My only question is who is the "they" who come by night??

    ReplyDelete