Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Cedric Blog Post 5

Peanuts

The use of time, motion, and emotion throughout this comic strip is very interesting. It can be taken in various ways. The shading in the second panel tells me that it is currently night time and they are still searching for cottage. At first glance the entire strip seems to be over a long period of time, but after reading Snoopy's thought bubble; which states that secretaries don't have much stamina, you aren't sure.
That is a wonderful aspect of comic strips and it enables the readers to use their imagination and create their own meanings. Your mind makes the comic strip into whatever you want it to be.

3 comments:

  1. I love how you referred to the aspects of imagination and readers being able to create their own meanings (in comics). The one thing I really love about any literautre is the fact that those things are always available to you - words can be warped to mean anything you want them to, the possibilities are endless! Remember next time to add the source of the picture. Mine did the same thing where it was cut off of the page and it's difficult in trying to understand what you are trying to say when I can't see the image, and having no link makes it impossible to find. Also, I think you should have explained the comic more (due to the picture and in case perhaps someone did not understand it) and gone into more detail about your points. Your points of view are of much interest to me! Well, I did like that your post was short and sweet (they are not as monotonous to read)and how you also stated at the end that one's mind makes the comic strip whatever they want it to be. I think those sorts of things are much more appealing to people. I wish I could see the comic so I could come up with my own interpretation!

    = )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job, covering time throughout the comic. However, I wish you would have cover motion and emotion as well. You could have talked about Snoopy's facial expressions, or the sweat coming from Woodstocks head. Elaborating more would have helped you reach the word requirement. Good effort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job! I did not pick up on the shading as "night." I wish you would have elaborated a bit more on the emotions though! Ovberall, great job!

    ReplyDelete