Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Michael McGinn's Blog Post 4


Good evening. It's that time again for 5 Minutes of Horror, the radio show that will chill your soul and rattle your minds. Sit back and don't relax.



MUSIC: Eerie Theme

Announcer: THEY CAME BY NIGHT!
ANNOUNCER: Listen now as 5 MINUTES OF HORROR brings you Michael's terrifying story,

Music: Out

Narrator: IT was a hot and humid night. The various critters of the night voiced their approval of the muggy night with loud croaks and chirps. There in building L room 11 many boys, as a result of their heavy drinking, are getting rowdy.
Michael: Who wants to try a beer funnel!!
Zach: Don’t tempt me with such irresistible treats!

MUSIC: Party In the USA, Miley Cyrus
Michael: Well I love America and I love Coors Light so I’m going to pour this entire pitcher in this funnel.
Zach: Well If you’re doing one then I want to!
Sound: Dripping beer and foam hitting the floor, and manly chants.
Narrator: After they both guzzled down large amounts of alcohol they ran outside for fear of dirtying their floor with chunks of sovi they had consumed earlier
Michael: Hey Zach…do you see that thing on the water
Zach: What Thing?
Michael: I don’t know that thing by the buoy!
Zach: O My GOD! That thing just floating out there in the middle of the lake?
Michael: Yah!
Narrator: As they both gaze upon the black figure in the lake Zach seemingly becomes entranced by the opject
Michael: Zach! Zach! What are you doing?
Zach: I’m hot I want to go in the lake
Michael: Are you fucking serious!?
Zach: SHHHH…You’ll disturb him.
Michael: What!!
Narrator: Zach slowly treads in the water seemingly trying to meet with the black figure.

Sound: rustling in the water
Michael: Zach!...Zach!....
Sound: none…

5 comments:

  1. I really liked your story. I feel as though you wrote a falling action and a resolution. I dont feel like Zach not responding was a climax, it seemed more like a resolution to me. Good job relating your story to your audience (college students)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sovi is the on campus cafeteria in the "South Village" right by everglades.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael,

    I like how you decided to use a change of scenery from the basic scenery most people were using. By explaining how the two boys were really drunk, I think it makes the story more enthusiastic! Yet my question is... If the boys were so "non-sober" then how do they know if the shadowy figure in the water was real or not?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, nice job with the scenary of the whole story...having the story take place on campus is original. i would like more of a suspense to the scary object in the lake, like talking about its red glowing eyes or soemthing like that. You did a good job describing the beer lol.

    ReplyDelete