Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Krista's Blog 4


Good evening. It's that time again for 5 Minutes of Horror, the radio show that will chill your soul and rattle your minds. Sit back and don't relax.

MUSIC: "Jason" theme-song sounds

ANNOUNCER: THEY CAME BY NIGHT! Designed to free you from the four walls of today for five minutes of HORROR!

MUSIC: "MIDNIGHT AT THE TOP OF THE STAIRS"...

ANNOUNCER: You are standing in inky blackness - looking up a long flight
of stairs, at the top of which lurks something unbelievably evil. Out of the
moving shadows behind you, coming closer to you, is the shadowy figure of
something that could only come from - a nightmare.

MUSIC: OUT

ANNOUNCER: Listen now as 5 MINUTES OF HORROR brings you Krista's terrifying story,
"They Came By Night"!

MUSIC: "Change (In the House of Flies)" by Deftones

SOUND: CLINK OF COFFEE CUPS, RUSTLE OF NEWSPAPERS ...

WIFE: "Good morning, dear! Would you like me to refill your cup of coffee?"

HUSBAND: "That would be great hun! Man, I'm so excited we are snowed in today - I really needed a day off."

WIFE: "I agree - relaxing, staying in my pajamas, and cuddling by the fire are my objectivies today."

SOUND: A sizzling coffee pot and then the following sound of the death of their electric

WIFE: "Oh no! Ugh!"

HUSBAND: "Looks like I 'ought to get that fire started stat."

NARRATOR: Just as quick as their electric cut off, so did their luck. There was more to worry about outside than the bitter cold and piling snow.

HUSBAND: "I'm gonna go check on the electric box, babe. I hear it's gonna be one of the coldest days of the year and I really need to get the heat workin' again. Is the shovel in the garage?"

WIFE: "Yeah, just be careful please!"

NARRATOR: The cause for the electric outage was waiting patiently outside while the husband left for the box. The husband was too far away from the kitchen to have heard the crash of the coffee pot onto the floor... or the muffled screams.

HUSBAND: "Babe, could you bring me the phone please? This stuff is all messed up, something must have tinkered with it (after waiting a minute or so)... I gotta call someone to fix this, Krista, could you please bring me the phone?! (He waits another minute) Never mind, I'll just get it myself."

NARRATOR: On his way into the house the husband thinks he hears footsteps in the snow behind him. He pauses, and then without hearing anything else continues back in. A second trail of footsteps continues to follow...

HUSBAND: "OH MY GOD! KRISTA?! WHAT HAPPENED?!"

NARRATOR: The husband searches the house for Krista to figure out what the glass-covered kitchen floor is all about. He notices drops of blood trailing the steps as he makes his way to up the stairs to find her. "If that woman hurt herself again," he mumbles...

HUSBAND: "WHERE ARE YOU?! IS EVERYTHING OK?"

SOUND: A bedroom door slams, quickening the pace of the husbands heartbeat and steps up the stairs.

HUSBAND: "KRISTA, ANSWER ME! WHAT'S GOING ON?! YOU ALRIGHT?"

NARRATOR: As he approaches the only closed bedroom door, the husband can hear his heartbeat as if his heart is beating within his ears... the door is covered with blood and he doesn't hear a sound on the other end of the door.

SOUND: A heartbeat sound getting progressively louder.

NARRATOR: As the husband quickly opens the blood-stained door, he finds his wife lying unconscious on the floor - blood circling her body. He freezes.

INTRUDER: "Remember me?" The intruder whispers behind him.

SOUND: Heartbeat stops, echoing as the last beat fades away...

4 comments:

  1. The heartbeat sounds are very Poe-esque. I like your last line...leaves the listener wondering what the backstory is. Where does the "they come by night" come in. I only get the one intruder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! You definitely have a talent for the creepy! :) I wish I could have known what happened to the wife while she was in the kitchen though! Awesome job! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely enjoyed this story a lot. It had me scared and thinking the whole time. The intruder saying remember was a coll little device you used to think that they have had an encounter before. Great job on the assignment.

    ReplyDelete